Thursday, April 13, 2017

If I Go to England (a poem)

Well, difficulty can hardly be belittled in poem translation, no matter from English to Chinese or from Chinese to English, for the two differ a lot in the codes of language in poetry. Below is a poem which I wrote in Chinese today, and then I tried to express it in English in order to put it here. Pitifully, I'd read too few original English poems,nfl jerseys china, so I could not do this smoothly. In the course of translation, somehow I had to add and delete a few words. The meaning changes; so does the rhyme and rhythm.
=======

If I go to England,
How can I not travel with true mind?

How I wish to lay down in the Lake District,
Dancing with William Wordsworth's daffodils.
How I wish to visit Bath or Hampshire,
Wandering in Jane Austen's countryside.

How I wish to enter the Westminster Abbey,
Reading aloud two or three ancient verses.
How I wish to enjoy a splendid sunset,
Recalling Edward Elgar's classic music.
How I wish to stroll along the Thames River,
And to watch a play in the Shakespeare's Globe Theater.

Oh, if I go to England,
With feet on another spot of the earth,
How can I turn around and get you off my mind.
Why not pray in a gentle whisper,cheap Oakley sunglasses,
When wind blows in the deepening dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment